Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Small Victories

I'd like to talk about a small victory that we have recently had at our house.  Now, to some of you this might not seem like that big of a deal, but in our neck of the woods (ha ha woods) this is a pretty pig deal.  

So what is it already?

Well quite simply my sweet baby girl has FINALLY consented to eat something!  I don't want you to think that I've been starving the poor child.  As you can see she is quite well fed. (In fact my father-in-law calls her 2 Ton Tessa, but that's a whole different post!)

No, she eats well, its just that up to this point we haven't been able to convince her that food does exist outside of nursing.  This is the child that WILL NOT take a bottle and WILL NOT take a pacifier.  It's not that we haven't tried either one, we have and many times, she is just convinced that both are most definitely poison of the worst form.

She does like cups however.  The fuller the better and they can't have lids.  In fact, my DH is learning just how long those little arms really are!

But, as I said we have had a break through.  And now as you can see my DD's culinary world is reaching new heights.  And cookies are my friends!




We have been trying baby food, but she just gags that up.  Literally, this child will sit there and gag until it comes back up.  It doesn't matter if it takes 10 minutes.  She's persistent.  

I hesitate to mention that as I have several people that just say that I deserve every minute of it.  Apparently I was quite to puker myself.  Who Knew?

Now if we can just convince her that there is life beyond cookies we're in business!

1 comment:

jessi said...

woo hoo! Cookies! A girl after my own heart.