Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where Does She Get This Stuff!

I have to admit, I'm an addict.  To my cousins' blogs that is.  You see, I apparently have two (and sometimes three) very witty cousins (Jess - Les, you know who you are!) that keep me constantly amused with the random musings on their blogs.  I find that I have to stop by at least every few days to see what new tidbits they have to offer me.  The great part is that I am always guaranteed a smile and usually even a small chuckle.  It's just a great and uplifting part of my day.

But at the end of it all I invariably find myself wondering, "where to they get this stuff!"  I mean, I think I live a pretty full and interesting life,  (okay, that might be a lie, I'm a stay at home mom with a 6 month old.  Exciting these days means I got to shower this morning.  But I digress) but I find that I just don't have half of the fun things to talk about that they do.   

I mean who would ever think to post about Newsies (sheer genius by the way), strange British desserts, or really sweet British YouTube clips?  (That last one was Les's not the cousin who is currently living in England) 

And the pictures!  I have to say, the main reason that you haven't seen anything new from me in quite a while is that all the pictures that I posted in my last post took me 3 days and several tries to get up.  I don't see how they do it!  And Jess, do you really just have that camera with you 24/7?  Because some of the shots that you get are just fabulous.  Like the crumbs of your weird British pie for example.  

And it's not that I don't try.  I sit down to write, all inspired by what I've seen and then......Nothing!  Because at the end of the day does anyone really want to hear about whether or not I've been puked on that day (usually yes) or the state of my daughter's diapers?  I'm thinking no!

I guess that I'll just have to try and do better.  Because averaging a whopping one or two posts in a whole month is just sad!


And I'm not even going to try for a picture.  I'll just do another post and stick it there! 




3 comments:

jessi said...

You're the best! You made my day.

Blogging is a patchy adventure for me - sometimes I have tons of good stuff to write about and other times weeks and weeks go by with nary a post.

But it's a great way to keep tabs on the fam!

LK said...

CB- you are witty and interesting and you just keep blogging! Spit up will eventually lead to, teething,crawling, potty training, kindergarten, etc.. which means you will have your own fascinating stories to crack us all up! Don't forget the pictures! I need my baby fix! Love-lk

SUNDANCE N ME said...

CB-You know there is a simple solution: Jessi is a genius and Les is an artist. They are, however, in our family. That puts us in the company of greatness!!
Love ya, Angie